This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. The occupant of this position will also be subject to an ongoing requirement to report to ABC Company any drug-related arrest or conviction or receipt of a positive drug test result. As an HPC Linux Systems Engineer https://remotemode.net/ you will work in the Infrastructure team within the HPC Infrastructure and Networking group to support all activities of our supercomputer center. According to Payscale, the average Linux Engineer salary is $89,895 annually. Alternately, on an hourly basis the average Linux Engineer salary is $50.98.
According to Zippia, NOC Engineers earn between $45,000 to $92,000 per year with the average being somewhere around $65,000. The average hourly wage of a NOC engineer working in the United States is $31 per hour. For a freelance NOC engineer, https://remotemode.net/become-a-linux-network-engineer/ earning potential can be substantial in a freelance marketplace depending on their experience and job requirements. Freelancers don’t operate on a routine schedule, and their working hours depend on the specific requirements of the project.
Recommended NOC Engineer Skills
Their responsibilities include meeting with clients to identify their needs, installing and upgrading systems, and performing regular maintenance checks to ensure efficiency and smooth workflow. Furthermore, as a Linux engineer, it is essential to provide technical support, all while implementing the company’s policies and regulations. The role of a Linux engineer may vary depending on the organization but overall is the same. They’re typically more needed and involved within a tech company than other organizations.
- Check out CompTIA’s Tech Job Report video series now premiering on CompTIA Connect.
- Expertise in these emerging technologies is a massive plus for Linux specialists looking to advance their careers.
- As well as automating and streamlining system administration tasks, Linux engineers may also train and support other IT personnel.
- Freelancers don’t operate on a routine schedule, and their working hours depend on the specific requirements of the project.
The lowest average linux systems engineer salary states are South Dakota, Colorado, and Oklahoma. Linux systems engineer salary is impacted by location, education, and experience. Linux systems engineers earn the highest average salary in New Hampshire, New Jersey, California, New York, and Massachusetts.
Emerging Linux Technologies
Analyze the market and your qualifications to negotiate your salary with confidence. There are many widely used job sites out there that draw visits from qualified candidates. If you have someone internally who can dedicate the time and energy to sort through applications and screen individuals effectively, this can be a great choice. You know if you are being paid fairly as a Linux Engineer if your pay is close to the average pay for the state you live in. For example, if you live in New York you should be paid close to $121,700 per year. Knowledge of cloud computing and opens source application suites, such as WordPress or Drupal, would be beneficial.
- Toptal vets its freelancers before making them accessible, ensuring their legitimacy.
- Since they will be working with both client and technical teams, Linux engineers should have strong communication skills and be flexible in their work schedules.
- Absolutely amazing program I highly recommend it for all people aiming to improve their quality of life, they are incredibly flexible, hands on, and provide phenomenal service!
Engineers use software tools and IP network technologies to monitor performance and to resolve problems. They need to maintain local documentation, which gets updated on all features of servers. A network engineer is an information technology (IT) professional whose focus is to build and maintain an organization’s computing network. This can include working with computers, firewall needs, as well as network configurations. They also offer technical support to those in and outside the organization.